Warden + Maintenance position / Warden couple
A family run, family orientated holiday park with a busy 70 pitch touring field, 5 static rentals, seasonal tourers, lodge & static owners on the edge of the North York Moors. The park is well located – 5 min drive to the market town of Pickering, 20 min from Castle Howard and 30 min from the beautiful coastal town of Whitby. We’re an easy cycle to Dalby Forest and the UK’s most scenic bus route is on our doorstep connecting to York, Leeds and Whitby.
The Couple / person(s):
We are recruiting for an experienced warden couple / individuals to work alongside our current team at our beautiful and busy site set in the countryside near Pickering.
As a family run business we pride ourselves on excellent customer service, therefore the couple chosen will have experience in a customer facing role, highly flexible and work well as part of a small family run team. Previous experience managing a park is preferred and/or knowledge of the industry is essential.
A friendly customer orientated individual with customer service at the front of mind. Computer literate and admin skills to manage day to day booking requests on our booking system, and email correspondence. Someone who is able to think on their feet, problem solve and has a social attitude towards customers and residents. Efficient time management and able to prioritize accordingly with open and honest communication to customers and the team.
Key duties/ Experience:
- Welcome guests and ensure check ins and departures run smoothly
- Answering the telephone, making bookings and responding to emails and VM’s messages
- Operating and balancing the till daily and accurate stocktake reporting (small onsite shop)
- Preparing seasonal invoices for ground rent, electric, water etc
- Oversee/ assist with static hire changeover and cleanliness standards
- Spot cleaning and 2 days a week facilities clean
- General care and attention to detail for signage updates, painting and gardening, H&S checks etc..
Beneficial (not essential):
- Previous use of management systems such as Campmanager or GemaPark (training provided)
- Accounting and bookkeeping experience
A practical hardworking individual with competent ground maintenance skills across a wide range of disciplines. No one day is the same, so a flexible attitude and a ‘hands-on’ approach is essential. Taking pride in the appearance and standards across the park is important. Computer literacy is beneficial during busy times to assist with 1st role.
Key duties / Experience:
- Knowledge and experience operating machinery such as ride on lawnmower, strimmers and hedge cutters
- General maintenance, groundworks, and DIY repairs
- General tidying and refuse management
- Treatment and septic tank checks
- Assisting with development projects such as building new caravan plots
- Assisting in other areas where needed such as safety checks, gas delivery, static hire change over
Beneficial (not essential):
- General building skill-set
- Plumbing and joinery skills
- 5 day working week. The first working day will be 1st March 2021 to 31st October 2021
- Must be able to work throughout the season including weekends, Bank holidays and school holidays. Please note, no holidays can be taken during high season periods.
- Call outs on emergency phone outside of normal office hours where needed
- Full driving license required
- Winter warden job opportunity from 31st October 2021 to 1st March 2022
- Duties may include; spot checks, ground maintenance, answering queries, helping residents with requests
- We are always improving the park so development work may be available in the winter period with additional pay.
- Onsite 2 bedroom bungalow is available (for the right couple) for the contract period
- Great location close to areas of outstanding natural beauty for days off
- Two pubs within walking distance for evening meals (One onsite at the front of the park)
- Local town of Pickering only a 5 minute drive away for local community
- Friendly working environment and staff
- Competitive salary with statutory holiday
- Pension scheme offered (NEST)
- Uniform provided
Please send your CVs and covering letter to email@example.com
References will be requested following interview
Closing date for applications 27th September 2020